Sep 17, 2019
In this episode Dr. Annette Nunez and Maylene Johnson chat
with two very special guests CJ Hernandez "The Autistic Barber,"
and his mother Mary Hernandez. This podcast is exceptional
because we hear from two different perspectives of both mother and
son navigating through the autism journey together. CJ is one
of the most positive, authentic, and insightful guests and it comes
through during this podcast. Both CJ and Mary share their
inspiring journey in hopes of encouraging others who share the same
IN THIS EPISODE:
- CJ: For all the autism parents you have to show your child
unconditional love even though it maybe challenging at times, don’t
give up on us and be patient.
- CJ: Always be positive and believe that your child can live a
happy, successful, and independent life.
- CJ: For the young adults with autism, be happy and proud of who
you are! There is nothing to be ashamed of...There is nothing wrong
with having autism.
- CJ: Think of autism as a superpower and believe you can do it
and be positive. Once you believe in yourself, opportunities will
- Mary: As a parent trust yourself and continue to listen to and
love your child.