Nov 28, 2018
It's Behind the Breakthroughs 25th episode and in this
episode Dr. Nunez ad Maylene reflect back on all the guests they
have had and reflect upon their inspirational stories.
In this episode Dr. Nunez and Maylene express their
gratitude to all the guests that have been on the podcast and all
their listeners. This podcast has given them the opportunity to
meet so many people and it is giving them a burst of new energy and
new ideas to share. It has been a great 25 and the next 25 will be
amazing! They thank everyone for being on this journey of Behind
IN THIS EPISODE:
- It's Behind the Breakthroughs 25th episode and in this episode
Dr. Nunez ad Maylene reflect back on all the guests they have had
and their inspirational stories.
- It feels overwhelming to think about how many people they have
met through this podcast and how far they have come and how many
stories they have shared.
- Some of their favorite guests have been the Ruth family because
you got to hear from a mothers and fathers perspective. Each
person's perspective in the family unit is different. It is so
amazing to see how they have grown individually and as a family and
how they are be able to share those experiences.
- They loved the interviews from the parents, Michelle Lewis, Jo
Daley, Shannon Sullivan, Jennifer Farren, Stephanie Schiff, and Caz
Collins. All of these parents had such great insight.
- Christine Devereaux was another favorite from Spectrum Yoga and
her knowledge and research around yoga and breath. Her energy was
calming and thoughtful.
- There’s always lessons and re-hearing the stories from the
parents that they know. It has been wonderful to be apart of their
- For example, with Shannon Sullivan we began talking about the
concept of the Autism Community Store in her basement we joked
about the idea of having a once stop shop for parents with children
with autism. To see it come true is amazing.
- Jennifer Farren and her love for martial arts lead he to be
co-owner of Tiger Rock.
- Caz Collins and her journey led her to open up a Breakthrough
Interventions in South Africa because there were no services for
- All the parents we interviewed have great insight
- Michelle Lewis is an inspiration in hearing her talk because
she's so confident.
- Jo Daley is just so calm and always finds the positive.
- Caz Collins is just a force, that no one tells her “no.” Her
enthusiasm and energy is amazing as well.
- Tiffany Fixter was a fun guest. she is doing amazing things in
the community with Brewability and Pizzability.
- They also loved Shawna Wingert because a lot of parents who
were homeschooling contacted us and it was awesome for them to
connect. She had so many fun ideas and ways to learn.
- They have touched on so many different topics especially with
Derricknyms and how quickly Derrick Hayes comes up with words
associated with the letters of your name. It really resonates with
you and is just an amazing skill.
- Nunez and Maylene thank everyone that has come on the
- They are so grateful because they are just scratching the
surface and meeting so many people and getting a new burst of
energy, new ideas, and it's like a second awakening.
- It has been a great 25 and the next 25 will be amazing! They
thank everyone for being on this journey of Behind the
- Be grateful for everything and reflect on the positive in your
journey. Focus on the positive because then you start to see more
- Trust your intuition, if it doesn’t feel right move on and find
something else. Your intuition is going to lead you to a path. You
know your child the best and you are your child's expert. In
trusting your intuition there will be bumps because it's taking you
to where you need to go.
Remember life isn’t linear. There are extreme highs and extreme
lows. Just know when you’re in that low, it’ll only get better.
That’s why it's good to reflect because when you have hit lows in
the past you can see that you bounced back from it, so that should
give you hope.